Asked on Sep 28, 2017

What is the reason for leaves dropping from my Red Maple tree already.

GinnyWendyJoanne Tremiti
+4

• Well it is fall. If not typical for your tree, take a closer look for signs of pests or disease.
  • Since I don't know where you live or what kind of weather you have, I can't say for sure but where I live we have had some really wet and weird weather and some trees are already bare and some are full and green.
  • KattywhampusLOL

Hello Joanne Tremiti, Below is a link I have posted that asks basically what you have asked about a red maple tree losing its leaves early, and the replies received about it. I hope it helps because quite honestly I cannot find anything else that addresses this problem specifically about Red Maples:
    Thnaks for using HOMETALK for help. :)
  • Sandra Vining

Mine also is dropping I was told it was our very HOT summer so I'm giving mine a drink every few days Seems to help
  • Joanne Tremiti

Thank you.
  • Wendy

Maybe it needs a little TLC, or perhaps its because it is Fall.
  • Ginny

Noticed today that a few leaves on Sunset Maple on front lawn has a few leaves that have turned. We also have not had rain in two weeks.