Asked on Sep 28, 2017

What is a good paint for the laundry sink ?

Fix It JenKattywhampusLOLJanet Pizaro

depends on what the sink is made of
  • KattywhampusLOL

Hello Camjs457
    I need to know if the type of laundry sink you want to paint is made from concrete, plastic, metal, porcelain ... ??? Each requires a different type of preparation and paint. There's no way I, nor other Hometalk Helpers, can give you the right answer unless we have more information. Thank you :)
  • Fix It Jen

Until I read your questions, it had not even occurred to me to do that! Now you might see me doing the same very soon, lol. Here are the basic steps I found when I looked it up on Pinterest:
    1-thoroughly clean the sink and dry with a lint free rag
    2-tape off the drain and faucet {if left in}
    3-sand with a medium grit paper and vacuum out the dust, wipe any remaining dust with lint free rag
    4-spray with at least 2 coats of primer, letting each coat dry in between applications. I like Rustoleum 2x Flat White Primer
    5-once primer is dry, spray 2-3 coats of the appliance epoxy, letting each coat dry completely between applications