Sabrena Patterson
Sabrena Patterson
  • Lake Charles, LA
Asked on Sep 29, 2017

Clean a stainless backsplash

WendySabrena PattersonStephana
+7

I have a stainless back splash in my kitchen. I love it. I used to keep it up but I got very sick a couple of years ago. I'm better now and noticed I have grease stains from cooking and a haze from my fireplace. I seem to remember using lemons and I think baking powder or soda. Does anyone know how I should do this?. Its beautiful when it's cleaned and I don't want to o scratch it. Thanks in advance.

• Wendy

Do you mean stainless steel?
  • Chubby58

Try wetting a rag with 91% isopropyl alcohol to clean it, then a dry rag to wipe down afterwards. That's what I clean my stainless steel sink with and it works great.
  • Sharon

I would try Dollar Tree Awesome Degreaser, it really is awesome. Met the local car detailer who also swears by it at the store the other day.
  • V Smith

You need a liquid cleaner that will disolve grease with very little effort. Krud Cutter springs to mind, but it is really strong and can remove paint, so use it with some caution.
    • Sabrena Patterson

There's no paint but I've been hearing a lot about Krud Cutter. I should get some to try. I understand they have a good line of products. Thank you for answering.
  • Stephana

I use Beekeepers friend on all my stainless steel, works great,

• Sabrena Patterson

Beekeepers or bartenders friend?
  • Wendy

No problem! Clean stainless steel with white vinegar. Apply a little bit of vinegar to a cloth and wipe the area. The vinegar will leave no streaks which is why it's ideal for stainless steel backsplashes.