Jean Triplett
Jean Triplett
  • New Lisbon, IN
Asked on Sep 29, 2017

What king of spray paint is good for a cabinet?

Jean TriplettWendyHillela G.
+3

I AM MAKING A COUNTER / CUTTING BOARD OUT OF A OLD CABINET ( ITS NOT REAL WOOD).

• 2dogal

I would be cautious about using anything except real wood if you are going to use it daily due to washing it often and the chance that it may swell. If it is for a decoration, that'd be OK. Normally, you do not find cutting boards painted due to knife marks.
  • Dianacirce70

Rustoleum is really good. I've tried Krylon, but feel that it goes on spotty and uneven.
  • Linda Sikut

If you're going to make a cutting board that you are going to use for food , you must find a food grade paint or sealer. As Sal85902 said, there will be knife cuts in the surface and that could introduce bacteria into your food. Having said that, Sal85902 also said if you're going to use it just for decoration painting would be okay and I agree. Best of luck on your project.
  • Hillela G.

Rustoleum paint :)
  • Wendy

Rustoleum should work well for you!
  • Jean Triplett

I am going to only paint the cabinet and not the top. I am going to buy a cutting board for the top. Thank you for all your help.