Asked on Sep 29, 2017

I was asking about why mildew keeps coming back on my wood walls

Marty PhelpsGinnyDds30616426
+5

The house is surrounded by trees, the inside has old barn beams and the bottom of the walls are wood old wood I'm guessing . I had the windows and door replaced but still have ''tis problem ,,, I've tried many things to get rid of this but nothing seems to work. The cellar also has a musty smell most probably from the water pump house in the cellar it's always moist ... any suggestions , michele

• Johnavallance82

Could be Not enough Air Circulation in that area

Have you tried using a dehumidifier
    • Scu29247203

yes i have two,,, one in the cellar and one in the house main room,,its an open floor plan
  • Too moist, probably too humid and poor ventilation. I would try a dehumidifier and installing fans and call in a mold remediation specialist for suggestions.
  • Joj29405346

Sounds like you have too much moisture or dampness in your house. You need a dehumidifier
  • Dds30616426

Sounds like you have a problem with moisture and as long as you have moisture you will get mold and mold can cause health problems! It is possible the moisture is inside your wall !!!!!
  • Ginny

Call a plumber immediately or pull down some of the wood and see if there is mold behind it. Agree with Jojan, you need a dehumidifier and run it all year round if you don't vents in your basement.
  • Marty Phelps

do you need a dehumidifier?