Yvonne
Yvonne
  • Winston Salem, NC
Asked on Sep 29, 2017

What are good fall plants?

Johnavallance82Kba28478716Janet Pizaro
+9

what is your location?annuals or perennials????
  • Amanda

Mums are great for fall.
  • DesertRose

My best friend had the prettiest flowers and yard where ever she lived. Her garden was ALWAYS in bloom. I asked her the same question, how to find the seasonal plants that bloom. She said to me to go to a nursery each season and see what is in bloom there. They rotate plants for each season. Right now you will find many mums on sale, Chinese bellflower, cockscomb, asters are hugely popular for fall, fall crocus, and don't forget plants that turn their leaves in fall for a colorful eye pleaser. Have fun!
  • Dianacirce70

Mums are always great, so pretty and a variety of colors. Its a good time to plant them, too
  • Linda Sikut

I agree, I think Mums are the most wonderful plants for fall. I love the colors and their pretty shape. If you buy large ones, they can be expensive (at least for my budget) so I get the smaller ones and let them peek out for that fall touch of color. Depending on your hardiness zone, they may even come back next year!
  • Johnavallance82

Indoor or out?

annuals....ornamental cabbage and kale,pansies,mullet grass,perennials mums,asters,montauk daises
  • Johnavallance82

Chrysanthemums or Autumn Joy - Ice Plant
  • Kba28478716

You can find the right ones for your zone by going to your garden center. In the south, dianthus, pansy, coreopsis and mums of course.
  • Johnavallance82

Chrysanthamums or Dahlias