Asked on Sep 29, 2017

What's the best countertop to use In a kitchen?

Dl.5660408But6115529Barb
+2

• Johnavallance82

Least long term trouble - Formica.................
  • Chris

Corian, you can put hot pans on it, stains are removed with bleach, it can be sanded if it gets scratched. Have had mine for 15 years. Extremely durable.
  • Barb

I agree, formica is the easiest to keep clean. You have a lot of choices in color & pattern. Painted my 20 year old white counters 2 years ago & they still look great. Had corian in RV it scrached easily & when sanded it was dull in those spots. Granite if you don't keep it sealed and water wipped off around sinks it looks awful in short time. Hard water eats into the stone. Don't know about the latest & greatest they want us to spend our money on.
  • But6115529

Soap stone- hot pans, nothing stains it, sand out cuts, easy to clean and doesn't need sealing. Used in chemistry labs due to its durability. Cost about the same as granite, sometimes less, but well worth the price. Granted the color choice isn't much but still fits in with most decor. I had one that was black with green veining, beautiful. Now I am living in a house with granite, how I miss my soap stone.
  • Dl.5660408

Personally I really like quartz countertops. They're naturally anti-microbial, never have to be sealed, don't need to be cleaned with any special product and are scratch/stain resistant. They also come in an amazing variety of colors, patterns, solid color and textures