Dianacirce70
Dianacirce70
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Lincoln, NE
Asked on Sep 29, 2017

What is the name of this plant?

Est13718411InetiaAnna Montalban
+13

I love this plant, and it was so easy to grow. But no one seems to be able to tell me the name of it, everyone just keeps calling it seedum, which I understand to be sort of a generic term. Can anyone tell me the real name? Or is seedum really the name? Thanks!
q what is the name of this plant
  • Ana Bacallao

It's actually called sedum and comes in a lot of colors. It does not like too much water.
    • Dianacirce70

yeah, mine is a deeper red, almost rust colored now that its fully flowered. I figured it was probably one that didn't need tons of water, since the leaves give it a look like succulents. Thanks for verifying the name! I had been told, in the past, that it was a generic term for plants like this and chicks and hens.

every one calls it sedum because that is the name for the plant
  • Bernadette

I've been looking for that TOOO~ Someone told me it was Autumn Joy, so I bought 2 of them...guess what....NOT IT. Autum Joy have burgundy colored tops instead of pink. They are sedum but there are so many different varieties. Let me know if you have any luck finding them and I'll do the same. good luck to us!
  • Phil lack

looks like a variety of the autumn joy sedum
  • Pmk

Sedum. Lovely fall colour gets more brilliant in colder weather. Easy care, easy to propagate by simply cutting the top off them stem and sticking it in the ground. The leaves are edible and taste like cucumber. Nice addition to your landscape and to your salad.
  • Mak29939284

there is a large variety of seedums, they are a great drought resistant plant.
  • Susan Tritt

Looks like what we call Penta.

• Janet

I love my sedum. Different colors and last late into the fall. No special care. Plant and enjoy year after year. Jan
  • Joyce

Sedum "Autumn Joy" fall bloomer... unfussy
  • Joy30150932

Sedum is the correct name but there are other names to go along with each type. I have "Joy" which has the red color.
  • Anna Montalban

It’s hydrangea
  • Inetia

Looks like Sedum.
  • Est13718411

S