Asked on Sep 29, 2017

Need kitchen cabinet updated. Something different.

Joy30150932GeeswonderlandJac50lcy
+5

Tried new knobs paint hinges . It the doors them selves. They won't close warped and bowed. Drawers are about the same way. Limited funds to fix the problem. Thanks!!

• Ana Bacallao

Not sure I can visualize what you are saying, perhaps a picture would help s understand the problem. Did you replace the hinges?
    • Sandra Allen

I am guessing they didn't. As a former painter, I can tell you that painting hinges is the worst thing. Take the time to take them off and soak off all the paint. Paint the doors and facial boards then put them back on.
  • Johnavallance82

Remove and add Net Curtains at top and Patterned at bottom on wires.
  • Sandra Allen

That said, are you positive you need doors? I have seen some nice kitchens where there aren't any and you just put your pretty things out for you to enjoy.
    Here is a link that might give you some help. And if you are worried about the holes where the hinges were, you can get the wooden buttons that go over screw holes.

• Roxaneg

Go to a local Restore store and see if they have drawer fronts and doors the would fit your cabinet. People often replace the doors and drawer fronts and they end up as donations.

A very inexpensive way to fix doors in a 100-year-old house I had was to screw a cleat on the back of the doors to straighten them. The drawers needed to be sanded down to help them go back into place.
  • Jac50lcy

Try your Habitat stores, or a remodeled house where they are tearing out the cabinets.
  • Geeswonderland

Take the doors and hardware off fill hardware holes sand and stain or paint to match the cupboards
  • Joy30150932

Usually the boxes on cabinets are solid so you may try to purchase just the cupboard doors and drawers.