Asked on Sep 29, 2017

Pros and cons of tankless water heaters

SandraRobin Jones RambergJoy30150932
+1

What size would I need for a 2 to 3 person household

• Bob Kilbourn

The manufacturer of the tank-less heater can give you the proper size. we are a family of four - put in a tank-less water heater several years ago. I keep very good records for energy costs for the house. Noticed a serious drop in gas consumption. I figured a seven year payback in savings, but it looks like a 5 year payback. the system was fairly expensive (don't remember the price but fairly expensive)
  • Joy30150932

If you have natural gas then I would recommend you look into the size you need for your use. Gas is far more efficient than electric.
  • Robin Jones Ramberg

We installed a tank-less water heater in 2012 and we love it. We live in the country and use propane gas. I can run the dish washer and take a shower at the same time. The only time we ran out of hot water was when the gas tank ran out. I would never go back to an electric hot water heater. We paid $1200 for the water heater and installation.
  • Sandra

To size the tankless water heater you need, you go by how may bathroom showers you have. They pay for themselves. They are more than a regular water heater but the warranty is also better, if something has to be replaced you do not have to buy a other one like a standard water heater you just buy the part that goes bad and they are not expensive. I sold tankless water heater for 15 years and I still talk to customers about them.