Asked on Sep 29, 2017

How can I remake this bath countertop?

LindaCor25617684Castrang17
+6

q how can i remake this bath countertop
Is there a fast and inexpensive way to redo this tile countertop?

would you consider painting it
  • Lisa

Cheapest and fastest would be to paint it and then seal it.

• Alyssa

You could paint it (the most inexpensive makeover) but if you want something with pattern, you could always use peel and stick tile decals. They come in a variety of sizes and patterns. I'm just guessing those are 6" tiles, so here's a few examples (not selected to go with your current color scheme, just to give you an idea of the range available):

• Sharon

You could epoxy the surface and the tile won't even show....
    You can go pro

• Castrang17

Epoxy is my go-to.....one paint (even spray) , I can not be without!
  • Cor25617684

How well does epixy hold up to heat(hot pans) and does it scratch easily?
    • Danielle

The most common countertops you can place hot pans on without risk of damage are soapstone and stainless steel. Some epoxies claim heat resistance to 500 degrees farenheit, but I don't think I'd want to test it too often. There are no countertops you can cut on without the risk of scratching. Scratching easily? That depends, what does "easy" mean to you. Can you prep food on it directly? No. There is pretty well nothing you can do that on without scratches. Will it scratch if you slide dishes across it, set your groceries on it or otherwise use it normally? Probably not. The durability of epoxy does vary by brand, you need to do your research before buying but good quality brands are generally heat, stain and scratch resistant, UV stabilized, low to no VOC and non-yellowing. If the brand you're looking at doesn't offer those features then it's not a good deal regardless of how low the price is. HOWEVER! That does not mean that you shouldn't still use a cutting board to cut on and hot mats, trivets or racks for your pans. Personally if I could afford it I would have stainless steel installed. It does scratch really easily but it's totally heat safe, ultra sanitary, has a lovely modern look and the scratches create a patina over the years of use.
  • Linda

Unicorn spit paint will make a marble finish that will be outstanding. Use the Epoxy shiny finish!! Very inexpensive and Easy Peasy to do.