Cathy
Cathy
  • Kennebunk, ME
Asked on Sep 29, 2017

How do I get rid of mice?

Cecilia Phares CurlessDianacirce70Amanda
+3

• Pam

I am going to try rodent sheriff spray. Will let you know how it works
  • Mak29939284

get some peppermint oil and sprinkle it liberally all over the entrance to your cellar,any cracks in your foundation ,and all along the sill of your home. Works great for me, but start and do it before the cold season comes,do it on a warm sunny day when the mice wonder out to look for food.
  • Amanda

Hi Cathy. You can set some traps or put out d-con to kill them. They eat the D-con. Otherwise they don't like moth balls or peppermint oil. If you can stand the smell of mothballs I would use those.
  • Dianacirce70

Peppermint oil on the base of your home/structure is a good deterrent. You can mix peppermint oil and water in a spray bottle and spray the perimeter. You will need to reapply often. I also use peppermint castile soap to wash out the cupboards and pantry shelves occasionally, to deter them from wanting to run through them.
  • Cecilia Phares Curless

1st of all you want to buy very soft stainless steel wool and stuff it in every possible opening such as dryer exit, water lines,etc. then set traps! Don't use poison because they will die and hide. You dnt want that!