Asked on Sep 29, 2017

How can I get ring around the toilet off? Tried all the cleaners.

Janet PizaroNancy TurnerJoy30150932
+2

• Amanda

Hi Diana. You can purchase a pumice stone for the toilet to get rid of the ring. It is the only thing that works for me.
  • Mary Krol

Use a pumice stick...used on dry heels in the past or very fine sandpaper-the kind that can get wet
  • Joy30150932

Sounds like you may have iron in your water. If so, you could try CLR.
  • Nancy Turner

If all else fails, use muriatic acid. It is found at home improvement stores, you want full strength, not some of the diluted ones you find. It is a strong chemical that you need to have good air circulation. You do not want to breathe in the vapor. It will make the toilet smooth and spotless. I just use a regular toilet brush to scrub it. Back in the eighties we lived in a town that had horrible water and our toilet had a ring constantly. My father would come over every couple of months and clean up the ring with this. We had to install a water system in order to make formula for my kids so that they wouldn't get sick from the water.