Finishing my laundry room!

+4
How hard to install drop ceiling, or a better way to cover exposed rafters?

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Sep 29, 2017
    Two of you can accomplish this task. Just make sure the track is installed correctly in order to take the size of tile you are installing.
  • Mary Mary on Sep 29, 2017
    If you are not too fussy, you could use 4x8 sheets of foam insulation. Easy to hang and covers a lot with less work. I screwed my sheets right into the rafters using large round washers under the screws. Looks rather decorative.
  • Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Sep 29, 2017
    Drop ceilings are great for a quick fix, but they don't do much for the resale value. If you have the time and a little bit of help, you might want to consider using drywall. Although the seams can be an issue, if you don't intend to texture it.
  • B. Enne B. Enne on Sep 29, 2017
    Lattice is airy and easy to remove. You can just put square panels up that do not touch each other.
    You could also spray paint the joists white or the colour of your walls.
  • Jay Paden Jay Paden on Sep 29, 2017
    Drop ceiling isn't hard just make sure to put the border is level and you have enough hangers
  • Brenda Foley Brenda Foley on Sep 29, 2017
    Thanks for the input! Loving the panel strips!