Asked on Sep 29, 2017

Finishing my laundry room!

Brenda FoleyJay PadenB. Enne
+4

How hard to install drop ceiling, or a better way to cover exposed rafters?

• Joy30150932

Two of you can accomplish this task. Just make sure the track is installed correctly in order to take the size of tile you are installing.
  • Mary

If you are not too fussy, you could use 4x8 sheets of foam insulation. Easy to hang and covers a lot with less work. I screwed my sheets right into the rafters using large round washers under the screws. Looks rather decorative.
  • Dianacirce70

Drop ceilings are great for a quick fix, but they don't do much for the resale value. If you have the time and a little bit of help, you might want to consider using drywall. Although the seams can be an issue, if you don't intend to texture it.
  • B. Enne

Lattice is airy and easy to remove. You can just put square panels up that do not touch each other.
    You could also spray paint the joists white or the colour of your walls.
  • Jay Paden

Drop ceiling isn't hard just make sure to put the border is level and you have enough hangers
  • Brenda Foley

Thanks for the input! Loving the panel strips!