Asked on Sep 29, 2017

How to fix it . The white painted area is uneven.

DottiewilkieBig luluSharon
+4

We have the tiles & tried to install it b does not look even !
q how to fix it the white painted era is uneven
  • B. Enne

You have to even out the wall first. You may need to remove the white uneven part and replace it with cement board.
  • Nancy Turner

Measure from bottom to top and mark what the correct height should be. Run painters tape across the mark straight across . Do the same with the sides and see if that evens it out.
    • Millie Moore

I'm making over $12k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what i do.... http://ow.ly/Pvd430fyth3
  • Hope Williams

the one guarantee in renovating anything is this; Nothing, and I mean absolutely NOTHING is ever plumb/straight! Measure and level for eye line and work from there.
  • Sharon

I would first use a level on what is already there, and then run a level line to start my first line of tile. I would faux paint any area to fill in the dark color of the tile to make it appear level on top row of old tile. A straight edge and a pencil is your friend. Draw lines till it looks right. It might help to repaint the tan around the leveled area where the tile won't be in a straight line so you can see the correct squared area.
    Then if the wall itself is textured, I would mud it, and level it before I add the tiles.
  • Big lulu

Yes! get a level (you know that thing with the bubble in it) If your floor is crooked then you'll never get the tiles straight without a level.
  • Dottiewilkie

Get the level quick!