DIY Pallet Coasters

$10

Do you want to make mini pallet coasters like the ones you see in the check out line at Homegoods and TJ Maxx? This easy woodworking project can be made using scrap wood. It's an easy craft project that can be given as gifts. Great weekend craft project. For those that love the pallet wood simplistic design. Its such a cute project to do with little ones. This project will make approx. 4 coasters

Don't care to read all the instructions? Here is a quick video that shows just how easy it is to make coasters that can be used during football season. No excuses not to a coaster.
You don't need any heavy toold for this project. The wooden dowels can be cut using a miter saw box. I use a mitersaw box with a Japanese Hand Saw. I like this saw because its lightweight and cuts really easilily.  To assemble I am using my favorite tool, the Hot Glue Gun.
Once all the pieces are cut start by assembling the base of the coaster using the smaller dowels on the edge of the larger dowels.
Flip the base over and attach the larger 1/2" square dowels.
Space out and fill in the entire row with the dowels.
Now that everything is glued and dry its time to paint and make it pretty. I stained the wooden dowels prior to assembling. This makes the process a lot easier.
now enjoy the game knowing no one is going to ruin your coffee table this season.

• Hot Glue Gun  (Home Depot)
  • 1/2" Wooden dowels  (Home Depot)

26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
ToolBox Divas

• Jjqq

Won't the moisture from the glass drip right through the little slats and on to the table?

• Tree

They are cute & fairly easy but yes the water will just drip right thru unless you put something underneath. Very cute though.

• Heather

Really creative and chic! I love this. Brava!