Asked on Sep 29, 2017

Fresh Cat urine smell in carpeting

DfmB. EnneLinda Sikut
+5

Add some details for your fellow Hometalkers! (Optional)

• Mary chandler

my friend uses a product called odor ban which can be purchased at most hardware or Walmart, lowes, etc, it seems to work very well.
    • Wendy

Sorry for chiming in a bit late to the discussion, but I really feel like I need to add my 2 cents.

Cats don't just pee on floors and beds because they're in pain - could be a multitude of other reasons! Most common is that male cats feel the need to mark their territory.

As for myself, I finally found something that works for the cat pee smell in my home! A herbal mixture of sorts! I now recommend it to everyone because it works so freakin' well and we save SOO much money!

You should definitely check it out, we don't even buy Odorban and the likes any longer :)

What a relief to finally have gotten rid of the horrible cat pee smell, and for a decent price as well.

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked.

He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at. It wasn't until I found "Cat Spraying No More" that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior. Now my house doesn't smell like a litter box anymore :)

To be honest, I don't know too much more about it so I did a quick Google search and here's a description of the spray with a long review as well.

No I have not been paid for this post nor do I make any commissions off of it. I really just want to help you guys out. I hope you don't mind.

I'm based in Sweden, by the way, so you should be able to get it too.

Good luck with the odor! It really lowers your quality of life, doesn't it?

• 9009393

Try mixing about 30% white vinegar to 70% plain water in a carpet cleaner. If that doesn't work use a 50/50 mix.
  • Roxaneg

Blot, clean with something like Woolite or Clorox products made to remove urine from carpeting. You can also use Nature's Miracle which neutralizes the odor or you can try a 50-50 solution of water and vinegar.
  • Linda Sikut

Cats often use urine to signal their displeasure with their owner who has gone away for a day or so and left them behind. :( Here's an article with such a story and what the cat owner did to naturally eliminate the odor. Hope this helps you:

• Dfm

natures miricle, or odo ban. get a black light the- urine is florescent in black light. cat pee is an oil based pee, myo recipes wont get it out.