Fall Decor DIY: Pearl Leaves Chandelier

$20

Fall is coming. Halloween, pumpkin carving, decorating are all the excitement this time of year! Today I share with you my simple and easy fall leaves chandelier project.
I love fall - it's colors, the smell of pumpkin spice candles and cookies, the sound of fallen leaves when walking in the park, and I love the excitement everyone starts expressing about the holiday season through shopping, decorating, crafting, and cooking!

It's a great time of year! It's also nice to transition away from summer decor with warmer colors and textures, feeling more cozy and homey.

With the change of season we experience change in all areas of our lives. Just like animals get ready for hibernation, we also adjust physically, mentally, and emotionally. It's normal to feel more tired, less motivated to move and stay active, but that doesn't mean that we should stop enjoying the little warm moments of joy this season.

The Holidays are fast approaching and it's a wonderful time to be with family and friends, to enjoy healthy meals together, and to make memories decorating our homes! Have fun! And take care of yourself.

OKAY.. So let's get back to the reason why you're reading this post.

The first thing you want to do is visit your nearest crafts store for a fall leaves garland, box of pearl beads, ribbon, and string, that is if you don't have these randomly laying around your house, like a true DIY-er. 😉 That's it! That's all you need to make this fall leaves chandelier! Oh, and twigs...from your backyard!
fall decor diy pearl leaves chandelier
Decide the length of your pearl pendants - how long you want them to hang and do you want them to be same length or do you want more dimension by having shorter and longer pendants? I made mine different lengths. Then cut your string accordingly, tie a double knot at one end and start threading your pearl beads through.
fall decor diy pearl leaves chandelier
I chose to have separation between my beads, so I would thread 4-6 beads, then tie a double knot, thread some more through, tie a knot, until I got to the end of string.

Of course, leave yourself space at the end of the pendant to make it easier to tie onto the chandelier.
fall decor diy pearl leaves chandelier
My chandelier has 12 pendants. Feel free to add more or less, depending on how you want the chandelier to look.
fall decor diy pearl leaves chandelier
If you found twigs in your backyard or the park, you can bend them to create a wreath - I secured mine with clear tape. It worked perfectly. I actually like that it's not a perfect circle as well.
fall decor diy pearl leaves chandelier
Wrap the fall leaves garland around to create a wreath and then, tie on the pearl pendants.
fall decor diy pearl leaves chandelier
And the last step before hanging your chandelier is to tie a ribbon to opposite sides off the wreath. And you've made your fall leaves chandelier decoration!

This project, like all my other ones, can be customized completely.

You may choose to use wooden beads instead of pearls - how cool would that be! You may choose twine instead of ribbon. The options are endless! I'm just here to hopefully spark your imagination and creativity!
fall decor diy pearl leaves chandelier
fall decor diy pearl leaves chandelier
fall decor diy pearl leaves chandelier
fall decor diy pearl leaves chandelier
You can even hang the chandelier as a wreath for your home like the photo above with pretty pearl pendants weaved through the leaves!

I hope you feel inspired for fall and decorating after reading this post!
Have a happy and safe Holiday season!

Best wishes,
Daniela

To see more: https://curious.com/artdaniela

• Lisa Sinclair

This is really cute,love it! A little FYI in case someones never made a twig wreath before, using fresh green twigs, not dried ones, would make it easier to bend them and then as they dry they would keep their " round wreath " shape.

• Diena Cameron

This is a great idea and as you said, the ideas are endless ! Thanks for sharing your project !