Asked on Sep 30, 2017

I have severe pressure scratches in my Oak Hardwood floor in a hallway

JeanJanet PizaroEbbjdl
+2

I was moving a heavy piece of furniture from one room to another

• Dfm

Cover with a rug. You can maybe try steaming the floor to get the wood not dented.

Does anybody know how to shut of spell check on an I pad? Damp rag start with low heat.
  • Flipturn

How making scratches in flooring from moving furniture, heavy bins, etc. can be avoided, is to use sliders ( brand names such as ez-Sliders, Super-sliders) under the item being moved. These come in round and square shapes, are solid plastic on one side and foam on the other side.
  • Ebbjdl

You can purchase Old English stain liquid. It comes in light or dark. I'd get the light stain. Pour a minute amount over the scratches, let it sit for a few minutes, then rub it in. Try to blend it in with nearby wood. Rub it with a clean cotton rag. If it looks good, and it is blended we'll leave it for several hrs (3) . Wipe with paper towel, and keep wiping, until the paper towel has no more stain on it. Don't use this area for an hour or so.

I don't know how to turn off spell check, on an iPad. Good Luck!

• Jean

I would certainly try to iron out the worst of the dents (spray with water, wait 10 minutes, cover with a damp towel, apply iron, count to 10, remove)

then...it depends on how old the floor is and how it's finished - in some cases, a bit of sanding (220 or 320, wet) and some oil will blend those scars in.

if there's a hard finish on them, and it is unbroken, the steam trick will not work, and all you can do, really? is buff the finish - pepsodent tooth paste, or polishing compound work well.