Asked on Sep 30, 2017

Old composite kitchen sink

V SmithWendyNicole
+3

I have a very worn composite sink which is currently a horrible orange colour. Is it possible to paint it?

• Flipturn

'Sounds like it could be a combination of the stain being permanently set for too long into the porosity of the sink ......Might be too far gone to be worth the time and money to try to renew it...... but I can't say for sure without seeing a picture.

Is it in a kitchen? Any idea how old the sink is? Could you post a picture of the sink that also shows how it is mounted?
  • Ebbjdl

Start by calling Homedepot or Lowe's and ask if this can be done, and can you diy. The paint department should be able to help you. Good Luck!
  • Rembatb

You could paint over it. Is it Melamine? You can also take contact paper and using a squeegee roll it out and cover the counters making sure that you cut it proper and precise to fit everything on the sides for the trim but at the top you just roll it out as you go and then take an Exacto knife and cut around it to ensure that you get the proper cut and snug fit that you want. Here is the link for painting over melamine. I'm not sure that your sink /counter is melamine but many were in the 50's. https://www.hunker.com/13411337/how-to-paint-over-melamine. I hope this helps
  • Nicole

You could try magic eraser and let sink completely dry then spray with peroxide?Probably 3 or 4 coats of peroxide?
  • V Smith

There is a paint for everything. There are also $20 stainless steel sinks. If this sink isn't molded into a countertop I would just kick it to the curb and start over.