Asked on Sep 30, 2017

Any ideas to cover a chain link fence temporarily for privacy?

Joyce HoldenBkl30423590Nancyd
+5

• Gua29447202

Some people place a wood fence next to it

Attach bamboo fencing,pot up tall plants
  • Les21347284

I have the perfect solution on my driveway. SLATS from the old chain link fence we kept when we purchased our new home. They just slide down on an angle between the links and waalaa, total privacy. Didn't use them when we put in our new fence but I am wanting to sell them; they're quite expensive. I have several hundred for sale for $100.00 and they are green; could be painted. We live in WV near Pittsburg. Perhaps we could meet.
  • Alyssa

Since it's temporary, maybe plastic sheeting?
  • Bobbi Lively

Plastic sheeting would work, but also drop cloths.
  • Nancyd

You can purchase a roll of bamboo that can be cable tied to the chain link. It will last all summer. Most people buy it for luau parties or to decorate around a bar area. I purchased it for my chain link for privacy around my firepit. My neighbor used canvas drop clothes on the inside of her fence so her dogs would not bark at my dogs.
  • Bkl30423590

buy the white strips that slide in from the top ... there are two styles, one is solid and the other slightly lets wind through.. we used the solid to keep the kids from sticking sticks and throwing rocks at our poodle. (even knocked a from tooth out). And shot a professional arrow into our yard.
    we used the solid on their side (and drilled holes every couple feet into the concrete and then tied the bottoms solid to prevent wind blowing the fence in. Do not need to do this on the ones that let the air through (but NOT as private.
  • Joyce Holden

Get tall potted plants and place along the fence. This won't be against your HOA rules and can easily go away when you want them to. You may even be able to rent then from a local plant nursery.