Asked on Sep 30, 2017

What can i do/plant to keep the dogs from digging

Woo28386537Linda Floyd HudsonJoyce Holden
+6

q what can i do plant to keep the dogs from digging
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead

that is a tough one. In areas like gardens you could put up a fence around the area. Other than that. Dogs dig.
  • Woo28386537

My dog was laying in my wife's flowers, smashing them. I took several odd sized, small wood scraps and drove small nails, about one and a half inches long through these boards, then laid these around her flowers, pointed ends up. It is like laying on a bed of nails, and they stay off. Just make them fit the location you need to put them. Some of mine are about 2" wide and 6" long. Don't use plywood, as they start coming apart after a couple years.
  • Rosie

Are they digging in bare soil or grass or both? If it is bare soil, lay chicken wire down. It will certainly discourage their digging.
  • Ruth Griffith

mint

• Joyce Holden

Level the ground, place chicken wire over the ground, then a thin coat of dirt. The dogs don't like to dig through the chicken wire. Just to make them feel unwelcome, scatter some moth balls around because they don't like the smell of moth balls.
  • Linda Floyd Hudson

Moth balls are very toxic to dogs and cats. I would not do this.
  • Woo28386537

No. He looked at it, lightly touched it, and stayed out of it.