Deb
Deb
  • Myrtle Beach, SC
Asked on Sep 30, 2017

My daughter has an electric fireplace that needs help

PJ WiseNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAMadameRã
+1

It seems that the installers just put the fireplace there.. In the winter,cold air comes in behind it as I don't think it is insulated and when she turns it on, it doesn't seem to provide any heat.. any suggestions??

• Kauai Breeze

Sound like a decorative fireplace that wasn't even installed properly. I would invest in a better fireplace (I prefer gas because it is efficient, heats nicely, and can be lit manually if the power is out). In any case, it needs professional installation to be safe and efficient. Take a trip to your local fireplace store and discuss the options for your budget. My gas insert was expensive to install (I had a huge wood burning fireplace and old chimney), but now I heat my house with it in the winter and save a bundle over the electric heat.
  • MadameRã

Gosh I do have some great answers for this though I fear without viewing a few pictures, I just would not feel comfortable with guess work... I’ve been in the Specialists Decor/& tradies trade for over 35 years, & I do not ever state anything without enough data.... Perhaps if you are still having problems then try again with your question & leave a few clear pictures; both close ups & some distance,& of coarse different angles... Truely apologetic that I can not break my code of ethics... wishing you well//& I will do my best if you choose to do as I suggest, kindest thoughts:)))
  • Yes, get on the phone and call the installation company AND the place she purchased it from. Shoddy workmanship is not acceptable. Plus if not installed TO CODE, it can be a health risk as well as fire risk.
  • PJ Wise

Naomie is absolutely correct. Call the installation company and demand they return to fix the problem. Too many risks involved to DIY!