Asked on Sep 30, 2017

How do i reupholster these chairs

PatriceRebecca BalentDolly Syrek
+11

I am trying to figure out how to reupholster these chairs.
  • Victoria

Registering is nothing to be intimidated by. Carefully remove the old covering, saving all components, including the trim. Use the fabric you removed as a template for your new cover, then staple the fabric on the chair close to the edge. Make sure that your seat and back padding are in good condition. If not, you may need to replace the padding, or add to it or cover it with polyester batting. Then using the trim you removed as a guide for length, glue the new trim over the staples.
  • Flipturn

If you need to cut new pieces of foam for the under padding, then use an electric knife. It is much better than scissors to cut accurate clean lines.

Use a heavy duty or pneumatic stapler, to ensure that the staples are long enough to go straight through the thick layers, and strong enough to be durable.

There are also small upholstery nails that can be hammered in as an outer trim layer but they tend to be pricey.
  • Dolly Syrek

I have the same style chairs. I know how to reupholster, but don't know how to get the back off to do it. Any ideas?
  • Rebecca Balent

The staples/tacks are under the trim. You use a tack remover to pry them off.
  • Patrice

Watch at Home With Niki on YouTube she has the same chairs that she takes you step-by-step in reuping them along with her other DIY'S you want get enough of watch the amazing things that she does
    • Patrice

Regen4474 I'm so so sorry i Suggested At Home With Niki to you even though i love Niki with her amazing DIY'S along with her Decor the YouTube person is Amateur Decoration Like a Pro With Cathryn Holt