Concrete Plant Stand

$15

This is one of the easiest projects I completed and I will for sure make another one! Check out the fast step-by-step directions below, or watch my YouTube video if you're too lazy to read! ;)

You can check out my other projects at:
Instagram || Spruced.Sticks
Youtube || https://www.youtube.com/c/AlyssaReinholz

The glasses I'm wearing are from Firmoo! They are a great quality with a ton of options! Head over to to http://bit.ly/bogofirmooglasses buy one and get one for free!!
I used these wooden miniature baseball bats that I purchased at Hobby Lobby for the legs. I knew I wanted to stain them so I started by sanding all three of the legs and wiped them clean so they were ready to stain!
I then went with a lighter stain and stained all three of the legs. I ended up putting another stain, a slightly darker one, one the legs to get a richer color. Feel free to paint, stain or leave the legs plain!
As the legs were drying, I began mixing my concrete. I mixed it in a separate container and then poured it into a ice cream pale. I mixed concrete with water until it formed a slushy like consistency. If I would redo this project I would use a 5 gallon bucket to make a larger top of the table.
I waited for the concrete to harden for just a few minutes and then measured and placed my legs into the bucket approximately 2 inches into the concrete. After all the legs were placed, I tapped the outside of the pale to release any air bubbles that were stuck in the concrete.
I wanted to add a little more character to the legs so I taped off the bottom four inches of the legs and painted them white.
After the legs were painted I left it to curate over night. The next day I just flipped it over and with a little work the concrete popped right out of the pale!
Here it is finished! Like I said previously, I would have used a larger bucket to get a larger table top. It looks a little dorky small but I still think it turned out to be a cute character piece and a nice place for a pot!

• Kathleen Granfeldt

How is a easiest way to pull out refrigerator that is a tight spot close to my island that I quarts .want to clean under and the coils

• CJ

Kathleen, my new refrigerator pulls straight out without any problem. However, if go to the top of the page and find "Ask a question" on the right hand side. Click that and you will have a place to type your question in and it will be posted in a public location on the Hometalk website. You will be more likely to receive helpful replies than asking in someone else's post like this. Good luck!

• Julie

Lookin good... But how do you know that the legs will be level ? is there a secret to where you place them in the bucket?

• Benjamin

use a level on a piece of board across the legs separately and altogether. While the mix is wet you can adjust them to make them level. Once level for all three, don't move them. Let dry. Remove bucket.

• Val

It wasn't that big of a mistake, it's adorable. I like the smaller size. It looks good. In Japan they have this wonderful saying about perfect imperfection:

If someone says that you are perfectly imperfect, what they mean is that they are aware of your flaws and they see beyond these flaws – they see the flaws as an asset that you have or as something that makes you perfect. A perfect imperfection is a flaw that is so perfect that it no longer appears as a flaw.

• Mary Ann Stauffacher

Sounds like a great idea. In regard to the Japanese saying I heard one recently. It is GETMO or good enough to move on! I like that and I am usually a messy perfectionist according to my dear husband of 60 years.