Concrete Plant Stand

$15

This is one of the easiest projects I completed and I will for sure make another one! Check out the fast step-by-step directions below, or watch my YouTube video if you're too lazy to read! ;)

You can check out my other projects at:

Instagram || Spruced.Sticks

Youtube || https://www.youtube.com/c/AlyssaReinholz

I used these wooden miniature baseball bats that I purchased at Hobby Lobby for the legs. I knew I wanted to stain them so I started by sanding all three of the legs and wiped them clean so they were ready to stain!

I then went with a lighter stain and stained all three of the legs. I ended up putting another stain, a slightly darker one, one the legs to get a richer color. Feel free to paint, stain or leave the legs plain!

As the legs were drying, I began mixing my concrete. I mixed it in a separate container and then poured it into a ice cream pale. I mixed concrete with water until it formed a slushy like consistency. If I would redo this project I would use a 5 gallon bucket to make a larger top of the table.

I waited for the concrete to harden for just a few minutes and then measured and placed my legs into the bucket approximately 2 inches into the concrete. After all the legs were placed, I tapped the outside of the pale to release any air bubbles that were stuck in the concrete.

I wanted to add a little more character to the legs so I taped off the bottom four inches of the legs and painted them white.

After the legs were painted I left it to curate over night. The next day I just flipped it over and with a little work the concrete popped right out of the pale!

Here it is finished! Like I said previously, I would have used a larger bucket to get a larger table top. It looks a little dorky small but I still think it turned out to be a cute character piece and a nice place for a pot!

Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas

• Kathleen Granfeldt
    Kathleen Granfeldt

How is a easiest way to pull out refrigerator that is a tight spot close to my island that I quarts .want to clean under and the coils

• CJ
      CJ

Kathleen, my new refrigerator pulls straight out without any problem. However, if go to the top of the page and find "Ask a question" on the right hand side. Click that and you will have a place to type your question in and it will be posted in a public location on the Hometalk website. You will be more likely to receive helpful replies than asking in someone else's post like this. Good luck!

• Julie
    Julie

Lookin good... But how do you know that the legs will be level ? is there a secret to where you place them in the bucket?

• Benjamin
      Benjamin

use a level on a piece of board across the legs separately and altogether. While the mix is wet you can adjust them to make them level. Once level for all three, don't move them. Let dry. Remove bucket.

• Jacx
    Jacx

The word is pail, like a bucket. Not pale, like a pale blue!

• Jill Krol
    Jill Krol

@Jacx I'm so glad you're so perfect that you feel the need to correct others.

The project is a cute idea. I'm wondering if I could imbed some of those metal table leg screw on pieces so that the wood leg wouldn't rot off. Hmm. This could be a really great idea for the patio, too. Thanks for sharing.