Deborah
Deborah
  • East Saint Louis, IL
Asked on Sep 30, 2017

How to get rid of stink bugs

Michele HeinzeMar12636992

• Michele Heinze

Spray bottle, 2 cups HOT water, 1 cup vinegar and 1/2 cup of dawn dish soap (blue)
    Add these ingredients in a container in the order written, or you'll have bubbles galore. Put into spray bottle, and spray those stinkers. Kills them instantly.
    • Cab29253483

Do you mix the ingredients once they are in the spray bottle, or simply layer them in the spray bottle? Thanks for the recipe!!
  • Mar12636992

We had the same problem when we moved to Idaho, stink bugs made their way into anything I had not unpacked yet. I watched store sales and purchased large plastic storage bins and moved everything into those. I was told they are attracted to the paper boxes and newspaper I had wrapped things with. No problem since because the plastic bins have tight seals. Hope it works for you!
  • Michele Heinze

I mixed mine in a bowl and stirred to combine, then poured it into a spray bottle. I didn't fill my bottle completely because I want to be able to shake it at a later time. Once it's made and stirred you don't have to worry about bubbles anymore.
    • Stillyoung

I gave up on the stink bugs as this year they are everywhere. I pick them up quickly( before they stink) and just throw them outside. Now that the nights are cooler they tend to hide between folds of anything on the porch- towel on chair, in sofa cover, or even any paper and they seem to go dormant or die when it gets colder anyway. I don't spray anything or I would have a wet dining table, bed, etc. Next year there might not be any, or it might be ladybugs. I ignore them.