Asked on Sep 30, 2017

Substance to put on dog path made by dogs on lawn. Grass worn

Mar12636992SoUncoolSandy Peckham Marcks
+5

My dogs have formed a path on my lawn. What substance can I put on their path besides wood chips?

• Linda Sikut

How about some pavers if you want to highlight their own path?
  • Nancy Turner

You could put pavers, at least they won't scatter into the yard like wood chips and gravel or stones.
  • Dfm

pea gravel.
  • Garv

if you're going to use something like pea gravel, stone, wood chips, etc. build sides a form if you will, to contain...
  • Sandy Peckham Marcks

I put in a path for the same reason with rocks and they just go wide and create another one next to it
  • SoUncool

We use hay. It spreads well and composts nicely. When it's starts disinegrating, just add more on top of it. We've done this for years and it really reduces the dirt in the house too.
  • Mar12636992

We had the same problem with our pet paths, so we put in some stepping stones with gravel like a path. We used some edging blocks that keeps the gravel in place and we are able to mow easily - no weed-eating needed.