Vintage Push Cart Plays a Starring Role in My Michigan Garden

This $7.00 flea market cart has played a leading role in my SmallHouse Under a Big Sky garden designs over the years. It gets moved around each yearas I get inspired with new ideas and ways to use it.

It has held straw and pumpkins, mum’s, Red Willow stick and fall berries as well as variousseasonal decorations. It has been used spring through fall to decorate andinspire visitors who visit our 5-acre garden site in SW Michigan.

When I bought this vintage all-metal cart with rubber tires about twelve years ago, it was asolid aqua color and very pretty. Over the years it has rusted into this lovelyaged patina. My husband is always telling me to “paint it.” But I love it justas it is!
For more garden pictures and inspiration please visit my SmallHouse Under a Big Sky blog or my Facebook page at White Oak Studio Designs.
vintage push cart plays a starring role in my michigan garden, gardening, landscape, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, This push cart looks nearly new and was all aqua in our spring garden photograph This photo was taken in front of the former White Oak Studio Gallery
This push cart looks nearly new and was all aqua in our spring garden photograph. This photo was taken in front of the former White Oak Studio & Gallery.
vintage push cart plays a starring role in my michigan garden, gardening, landscape, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, The early autumn scene shows climbing hops at their peak and the welcome of not yet in bloom all mums This photo is taken along side of our metal pole barn near our home
The early autumn scene shows climbing hops at their peak and the welcome of not yet in bloom all mums. This photo is taken along side of our metal pole barn near our home.
vintage push cart plays a starring role in my michigan garden, gardening, landscape, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, A late autumn view of the aqua cart was the Welcome to White Oak designs vignette for an weekend open house in 2013
A late autumn view of the aqua cart was the "Welcome to White Oak designs vignette for an weekend open house in 2013.
vintage push cart plays a starring role in my michigan garden, gardening, landscape, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, Here s another fall image of the cart filled with white mums and pumpkins at three seasons entry to the Small House
Here's another fall image of the cart filled with white mums and pumpkins at three-seasons entry to the Small House.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 5 comments
Next