Linda
Linda
  • Hollywood, FL
Asked on Sep 30, 2017

Smell in Furniture

Marilyn HillMaureen BarringerB. Enne
+6

What can I use to remove dust/musty smell from inside wood furniture (drawers, china cabinet?)

• Lena

Baking soda

wash the insides with white vinegar,allow to dry and insert open boxes of baking soda or de-activated charchol
  • Bijous

I vacuum well, wipe down with vinegar then sprinkler coffee (you can dry the grounds from your morning joe and use those) inside. Cover with paper and within two days no more smell. For furniture that's been exposed to mold, I then seal the drawers with polyurethane.
  • Chubby58

Try putting a bag or some clumps of charcoal in their. Supposedly it will absorb odors.
  • Sandy Murray

Try giving it a good wipe down with a damp cloth, rinsed in dish wash soap water.... Fresh of course. Dry. Add some bicarbonate of soda powder. A few leaves /sprigs of lavender, a pretty paper over it! Hope this helps
  • B. Enne

If you can put them in the sun, it helps a lot. Bring in at night.
    Charcoal works, I would add it after it has been out in the sun.
  • Maureen Barringer

use a few dryer sheets
  • Marilyn Hill

Instant Coffee Grains .... DRY !
    JUST SPRINKLE INTO DRAWER ..it should be gone ..leave the coffee in DRAWER, etc. Overnight.