How to Save $3760 on a License Plate Map!

$140

For years, I have been obsessed with the handmade, one-of-a-kind license plate maps available from Uncommon Goods. But at $3,900 I knew it would never be in my budget! There are a lot of canvas print and poster options out there, but they didn't provide the texture of high end look I was after, so I found a way to replicate the look of the original for only $140.
a license plate map high low project, diy, pallet, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, I love a high low project especially when the savings is over 3 700
I've seen a lot of less expensive versions of the license plate map, most of which have simply been printed on a stretched canvas (like this one from The Land of Nod) or on a poster (like this one from Zazzle). Neither of these would give me the look I am going for in Beckett's room. I really want to create a vintage, collected feel in his space, and the textures are very important.
Finally I found another license plate map option that I really liked because the image is powder coated onto heavy gauge steel and cut out in the shape of the continental United States. Best of all, it was a small fraction of the cost of the original!
a license plate map high low project, diy, pallet, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, A license plate map printed on metal and mounted to a backgound of reclaimed pallet wood captures the look of the original at a fraction of the cost
But I knew that I could add the texture I desired, and capture the look of the high end Uncommon Goods map, by mounting this metal map on a background of reclaimed wood. Fortunately my parents happened to have a pallet that they were about to get rid of, and the wood was perfect for what I needed!
a license plate map high low project, diy, pallet, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
Red the full tutorial on my blog at the link below for the instructions on how we created the palette wood backing and how to attached the map to the wood background.
a license plate map high low project, diy, pallet, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, Reclaimed pallet wood attached with metal strapping creates the perfect background for a metal license plate map
I love a high low project, especially when the savings is over $3,700!

Angela, Blue i Style

• Lois

Very annoying having to keep putting in your password.am I doing something wrong?

• Terry

@Lois I had this same problem. I use Firefox as my browser and these need to your settings. (You need to save cookies.) I've attached a screen shot of the correct settings. Hope this helps

• Betsy Channell

Where so you get old license plates from?

• Kathleen Church

Where do you get the old license plates from?

• Kel34317128

I also tried DIY projects in my home but didn't the result that i want from this but this map looks amazing and it also cost effective and do something creative and get the best result the feeling is great now after watching your art now again i am trying to make license plates map after do my assignment for me online then i'll post it here i know it is difficult but i'll try to do same as you do.

• Jade Wyatt

License plates! - I went a bit exceptional with them. I got a plate from each nation, and attempted to pick out years that simply have artwork on them. Wyoming, Louisiana, Georgia, all of them have neat objects stamped into them. Top Dissertation Help Online