Asked on Oct 1, 2017

How to repair an upholstery patch?



I have two matching blue recliners that are genuine leather. One of them has a small
V-shaped cut right where the knee bends. I have tried auto parts stores, hobby stores,
fabric stores but can't find anything to repair the cut.
Any ideas folks?
Thanks in advance,

5 answers
  • How about an auto body upholstery shop? Typically where they do either custom work or collision repair?
  • Sharon
    on Oct 1, 2017

    I use this product and their videos show you how....
    • Bill Kratz
      on Oct 1, 2017

      Thank you , this looks like an option. My tear is not quite this drastic but it gives a good idea what I need to do.
  • Flipturn
    on Oct 1, 2017

    Leather can be glued to leather easily with leather glue.
    Fabric stores such as Fabricland, also TandyLeather sell leather glue.
    If there is still an old time shoe repair shop in your area, they should also sell leather glue.
    An inexpensive place to look for small pieces of leather is garments in thrift stores. They are often available in good quality leather but are a low price due to being out-of-style or odd sized.
  • Dfm
    on Oct 1, 2017

    Rubber cement can be used to bond leather to leather....paint both pieces with the cement let dry slightly tacky and join both pieces. There is also a product called shoe glue or is it goo? Any works fine for leather shoes that have ripped.
  • Flipturn
    on Oct 1, 2017

    Yes, I know that there are still some retail outlets in
    AZ, so with luck there is one near you in Austin.
Your comment...