Gardening-how do i get rid of onion weed for good??

Lisa S.Linda SikutHillela G.
+7

, live in sydney australia can't use weed killer as i nearly killed my dog last year as he did some" grazing"very expensive leason learnt

• Linda Sikut

I went searching for an answer for you. I was looking for something the didn't involve chemicals because of your dog. I found and article that looks like it will help but you'll have to be patient. It won't happen overnight but rather over time, if you follow the steps. Here's the article: https://aussieorganicgardening.com/2009/03/onion-weed/

Best of luck to you.
  • Gud29612658

Try white vinegar and water (2-1) to spray on weeds.
  • Hillela G.

Vinegar and boiling water should do it!
  • Linda Sikut

@R-starling47 ROFL
  • Lisa S.

Mix vinegar and salt (a few tablespoons) in a spray bottle. Put in a squirt of dishwashing liquid. Spray them on a hot sunny day. They will be dead by night. If the dog should like it - it taste bad, but non toxic. I have used this many times myself , and I have a big dog who follows me around as I spray. Just be careful the dog does not get it in their eyes, as you spray.