Suzanne
Suzanne
  • New Zealand

Cleaning shower glass ??

EllisWeepnseoulInetia
+6

I have spent too many dollars and so much elbow grease and still the scum is on the glass. .when I rinse it or looks quite good bit once dry and in different lights it still looks dirty...HELP... :)

• Johnavallance82

Stop trying to clean it as the surface of the glass has been damaged. Why not Cover it or part of it with Contact or Clings on the outside, so your eye will be distracted .............
  • Cam30847951

I'm a world away from you, but here the local glass shop carries a paste that is terrific, although it is for hard water or calcium spots. If the glass is smooth, you could also try a one sided razor blade to scrape off any buildup. When you do find the right solution, I really like to put some kind of sealant on clean glass to resist future deposits. GlassX for autos is good and that local glass shop likely has some sealant also. Good luck! 🙂
  • Toolpro

My glass door is the older privacy glass so droplets do not show. I do use a squeegee or towel on the door after the last shower of the day. This does keep it clean and less mildew in the shower area. Covering the glass with the cling type privacy product would give a nice look.
  • Joanne

My son updated a old tired bathroom and come into the same type of problem. when all else failed he poured toilet bowl cleaner on it and it came out sparkling clean. Of course he only did it once- not weekly.
    I think it would ruin chrome surfaces if used often. it should get you back to a clean slate.
    Now with that said, !! SAFTEY FIRST!! PROTECT YOUR FACE, EYES AND HANDS. and rinse thoroughly. We are no pro.
  • Joanne

Only the glass!

• Dfm

from budget 101 web site-Amazing scum removing cleaner
    ; 1/2 cup dawn the blue stuff, 1/2 cup white vinagar, spray bottle. do not use dawn with bleach.heat the vinager untill it's hot...glass measuring cup in a micro wave works- pour into clean spray bottle, add dish soap smells awfull, should work. spray liberally let set 20 min or so wipe wth clean cloth or spong and warm water. it hould handle like a gel.
  • Inetia

Try Goo Gone and a fine grade steel wool..
  • Weepnseoul

First of all, we are all guilty of NOT immediately cleaning or wiping down the shower glass directly after a shower.,,me included. (we are not perfect) I clean mine the same way I do my car windows. First, believe it or not, I use the cheapo ECO "green cleaner" from the dollar store (or Roses), then wipe down with newspaper - trick my grandfather taught me years and years ago - doesn't leave streaks either. OR, a 50/50 vinegar/water solution. or baking soda, then add water til it is pasty.
    Please know though, everyone has their own secret recipes, I always opt in
    for the eco-friendly, make it yourself at home, cheap, effective & pet and human friendly.
  • Ellis

There's a spray cleaning product called "Kaboom" that works fairly well.