How do I build a raised garden bed?

Janet Pizaro2dogalDfm
+3

• Johnavallance82

Form a Frame of Timber or Brick or Rock or use a large container (with Drainage) and then fill with good garden loam and compost. The height and size and shape of the Raised Bed is what ever you want it to be...............
  • Cam30847951

I just saw the most clever solution for this! Apparently, your local home store stocks special blocks (like lovers, but taller) for the corners of a raised bed. They come with notches already in them so you just slip your 2x6 lumber sides into them and Voila! Instant raised beds!
  • Cam30847951

Not lovers, PAVERS! Stupid autocorrect
  • Dfm

you aught to read the book "Damn you auto correct" i didn't stop laughing for a week.
  • 2dogal

You can use anything you want to build the sides up on a raised bed. It all depends upon how much money you want to spend. Although wood is used a lot, here it gathers lots of termites so I wouldn't use it next to the ground.. Treated wood has chemicals so that's not good either. Premade stone works, bricks, be creative.