How should I organize all my family photos?

GinnyNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAKaren Krysowaty
+2

• Wendy

Use albums, or folders!
  • Michele Pappagallo

Buy photographs boxes with dividers. Labels the dividers and group the photos behind the dividers to organize them. Label the boxes for easy access. you can also scan all of your photos and store them on a flash drive or hard drive to keep them safe...or set up a free account on Google Photos to store all of your photos in separate online albums.
  • Karen Krysowaty

Use picture boxes that you can organize by events and people or like I did-scan and organize by events and such and transferred to a flash drive.
  • I just have in photo boxes that you pick up at craft stores. My sister in law makes photo album scrap books, they really are beautiful. I don't have the time, yet, for that.
  • Ginny

• Separate them by person, occasion, chronologically or whatever pleases you.
    • Buy photo albums for each subject, year, person, etc.
    • If you have a card or folding table, put it near your TV and work on it 30 - 45 min. at a time. Before you know it, you'll have albums to cherish.
    • I am doing this now as I am in my late 70s and have tried to keep up with this project over the years.
    • Now I am working on a Memory Book of things that have meant much to me over my lifetime.
    • Look in stationery stores, big box stores, or Hallmark for a spiral book about 4 x 7 that asks questions on each page about your life and you answer the question. I used to work on it occasionally on my lunch hr. at work. Mine is called To The Best of My Recollection (or something like that). It's something to leave to your family. I typed the answers a/c you get more on a page.
    • My only hope is that my son (only child) will cherish this once I am gone.