Whats the best way to clean oven racks with foil

Debbie/Dragonfly TreasureHillela G.Ebbjdl
+4

I have never heard if that,most take the oven racks and soak them in the bathtub on a towel with ammonia and water over night
    • Mjo28507711

I have done these things forever but recently read something in hometalk where they soaked them overnight, and I think, rinsed, dried and used foil. The foil may have been just to shine them up but thank you for your answer.
  • Ebbjdl

You can clean oven racks by spraying them with oven cleaner. Lay the racks on newspaper, spray, flip, do the other side. Put racks in plastic garbages bags, tie with a twist tie, leave overnight. Spray with hose to clean residue. Don't do this in the bathtub, the chemicals in the cleaner will ruin the tub.
    • Mjo28507711

• Hillela G.

you can use bar keepers friend ;)
    • Mjo28507711

Yes, thank you, I always have that on hand for stainless pots, sink, etc., but use it sparingly and carefully.

• Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

Place them in a garbage bag and spray with oven cleaner. Let sit over nite. Scrub and hose off the next day