What to do with an uneven shower floor?

JeanM. M..Kevin Patrick Maher
+1

House was poorly renovated by previous owners. The shower has several spots that stay wet for days. Would rather not tear the whole thing out, and don't want to create other problems with leaking at the wall line.
q what to do with an uneven shower floor
  • Johnavallance82

Put a Shower Tray on top..
  • Kevin Patrick Maher

I had to replace whole floor in shower, not sure if there is any other way
  • M. M..

Get a floor squeegee, and after shower, direct all standing water into the drain. My daughter's place has this since the shower is open, and it only takes a minute or two to do. Cuts down on cleaning, too! No real shortcuts I know of, best thing is to redo - the professional way - the whole floor. The dips and bumps you describe could be wood rot, and you don't want to crash through! Think of it as an investment in your home's value - clean, proper bathrooms are always good selling points,and you don't want the liability or health hazard of black mold in your floors and walls.
  • Jean

Take up the shower floor tiles. Level the floor with cement backing. It comes in sheets like drywall. Tile the floor with tiles you'll like. Tiling is not difficult . I had never tiled before in my life and I totally gutted my shower and tiled it! Read about it and did it!