I need ideas for a toilet paper dispenser

Edie PfeiferAuntQueenieEbbjdl
+4

I have cats who tear paper and need ideas to keep toilet paper available and not shredded. Keeping in mind they will use anything as a shelf for napping. Anyone?

• Cindy Hagemann

I've seen tall wicker baskets with lids - that might work and it would be slim enough to fit beside the toilet.
  • DesertRose

I know some people who had the same problem. They put their toilet paper roll in a box or can like a covered tissue box or covered coffee can with a slit in the top for the paper to be pulled out. It is a little inconvenient but it kept the cat out of the paper. Another idea is to keep the door shut so it cannot get in, but that is probably impractical, esp. if there are children.
  • Faith

I used a metal "extra rolls" holder purchased from Walmart. I keep it tucked next to the toilet, with a small waste can in front of it to kind of hide it from them. A friend has a cabinet next to her toilet where ahe stashes her tp. I found some other ideas on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pin/106116134947661511/?source_app=android

All 3 of these ideas can be customized with fabric or washi tape to match your decor! Good luck!
  • Johnavallance82

Have a Toilet paper Clear Tub or Tin with a lid. that should sort it.........
  • Ebbjdl

I have a cat but she's good. If you happen to have an old container from CD discs., Toilet paper fits in perfect and you can lock it. These discs come about 10-12 in each container. Their round, clear plastic, and have a black top. The diameter is about 5 inches. If you knit, make a cover for it. Good Luck!
  • AuntQueenie

basket with a lid.
  • Edie Pfeifer

for years I had to keep my toilet paper in a cupboard which I installed on the wall behind the toilet. My cats were clever, but they never learned to open that door.