Me
Me
  • Cupertino, CA

Can this be done with a wall mounted cabinet?

Mcgypsy9Karen TokarsePhil a
+3

I have an old three door cabinet that I took down from my kitchen when we were remodeling. Is it possible to add legs and make this into a cabinet for stuff? The cabinet is deep enough for regular dinner plates.
q can this be done with a wall mounted caninet
  • Johnavallance82

Yes, Why Not! I would turn it upside down, so the handles were at the top, then add the legs. You might also want to put an 1" deep top on it, oversailing it by 1" either side, to give it more presence too........
  • AuntQueenie

absolutely. If you want height find metal legs that have a fun shape, or go mid century.
  • Phil a

You need to support the walls as they carry the weight of the cabinet and its contents. A wood frame that doesn't interfere with the doors supporting the cabinet will provide a more stable platform for the legs.
  • Karen Tokarse

I would put castors on it so you could roll it where you needed it. Especially in the garage.
  • Mcgypsy9

You most definitely can! Clean it up, paint or stain whatever you like/need, change the hardware if you want, add, feet or wheels or whatever you want! You could even change out the doors or cut them into frames and add glass, or wire or whatever! That's a good old cabinet and it is definitely beneficial to repurpose it rather than chucking it in the landfill. Good luck and share so after pics!