How to care for potted rose thru winter

Jpo9854445DfmJolanta42
+3

q how to care for potted rose thru winter

what is your location
  • Barb Pelley-Haas

Grande Prairie, Alberta where it can be -40
  • Elvie

I live in Buffalo, NY. I have a beautiful potted "Star" Roses which sit outside. Only had since the middle of august. How do I get it through the winter inside my house. I don't want it to die. Txs
  • Jolanta42

Put in graund! It will survive covered with straw. In pot roots will freeze. Also its going to get bigger every year
  • Dfm

you can bring the potted rose in doors...get it its own special light....a grow bulb. It's a full spectrum bulb. It needs to be in an area that is a min. Of 60 degrees F. It might not grow much indoors....but that's okay. Put it in an area where you can see it, and enjoy any blooms....read up on how to prune roses, how to propagat, and when and with what to fertilize with. Fish emulsion get some what smelly in a house.. my mini roses did just fine....
  • Jpo9854445

My Mom always buried the pot and all in the garden, and used plenty of mulch. the straw mentioned above would work. With the minus 40 you mentioned, I might reconsider the pot.