Asked on Oct 1, 2017

How do I repair the rungs that are coming loose on my dining room wood

Hillela G.EmilySarah Barganier


5 answers
  • Johnavallance82
    on Oct 1, 2017

    Chairs? Take them apart and clean off old glue. Re Clue and Clamp for a week...........
  • Nancy Turner
    on Oct 1, 2017

    If you can get them off, use wood glue as directed. If you can't get them out, leave them be, or squirt some good thin glue, like gorilla glue in with the chair tipped so the glue will run into the hole and not come out and run down the outer area. Let it dry and continue to the other side the same way.
  • Sarah Barganier
    on Oct 1, 2017

    You can glue them and use large rubber bands or strips of inner tubes (bicycle or auto) to help hold them in place until dries. To get the glue into the joint you can use a large needle and syringe (if purchased at the pharmacy you will need to ask the drug est for them and let them know what you are going to use it for.
  • Emily
    on Oct 1, 2017

    Don't remove the rung, just squirt the glue in and do as Sarah about holding the opposing legs together while glue dries. You can also use rope for this.
  • Hillela G.
    on Oct 1, 2017

    i used elmors wood glue for this!
Your comment...