Fall flowers to add to a whiskey barrel

Diena CameronCynthia HNancy Turner

I want to now purchase fall flowers to put into my empty whiskey barrel. The barrel sits in front of the house - getting full sun. I live in Las Vegas, NV and since I am not a local native of this state need help in purchasing the correct flowers and plants to put into this barrel.
Many Thanks
J. Gigante

• Nancy Turner

Neighbors that live there will probably be able to help you out with this dilemma, or visit a local florist greenhouse for suggestions of what will work the best in Las Vegas. Being from a northern state, we may use plants you can't.
  • Cynthia H

A small business is probably your best bet. Just ask for native plants.
  • Diena Cameron

Hi, why not call your local nursery, they would know the best plants for your area or ask a neighbor that has a manicured yard with blooming plants that you like.
    Where I live, we have a website called "Next door " and it's for neighbors that live near you area, on this site you can posts things like " does anyone know what sound was ?" or "does anyone have a car for sale" or "i am having a garage sale this weekend" . So I could go on there and ask my neighbors what plants do well in this area?" . So hope this helps, it's a start anyways .) Good luck ! P.S. it's also a great way to meet your neighbors !