What kind of paint can I use to paint an old ceramic lamp ?

SandyGPaul LathumLinda Sikut

• Linda Sikut

I went searching for an answer to your question - partly because I might like to do this in the future myself. I made 4 matching lamps in ceramics years ago but the color no longer goes that well in my room so this is a project that interested me, as well.

Believe it or not, the best option is SPRAY PAINT! Thank goodness it comes in so many colors these days. Here is the link to an article that explains what to do step by step.

I wish you the very best on your project. Take a lot of pictures and post it under "Post a Project" when you are done. I'd love to see it.

• Paul Lathum

I agree with Linda Sikut - I would probably clean the lamp first to get all oil and accumulated dirt and dust off it and then use 2 or more light coats of a good spray paint. Be sure and tape off areas you don't want painted and then have it.
    I want to see pictures.
  • SandyG

Clean thoroughly and spray paint with light layers.