Organization: 3 Kid-related Space-savers

$0

Kids can help make and use space-savers. Each one of these organizers saves space in some way. And each one can be put together with very little adult help.

Tp roll, paper with frills cut
Tp roll, paper with frills cut
I have tablets of colored and printed paper. I cut one big strip of paper the width of the to roll, plus about 1/2" on each side. I used scissors to cut 1/2" tabs on each side.

Fold in the tabs.
Fold in the tabs.
Then roll the tp roll in the paper, taping at both end of the strip of paper. Tuck in the frills, and tape all along the rims, inside and out.
Holder for dirty golf balls
Holder for dirty golf balls
I found an O to use as a decoration, and drew an X in the middle to represent XOs, golf balls that are found on the golf course, or bought used at golf courses and sporting goods departments. My husband says he doesn't like to put dirty or muddy golf balls in with the new clean ones, so he will put the dirty ones in this XO sleeve until the next hole, where there is usually a sprayer for cleaning the golf balls. Kids can easily make these XO sleeves as gifts. Craft success!
The scary toy box!
The scary toy box!
I dumped my granddaughters' toy box on my bed. The girls have tried to keep it cleaned out, but it takes a grownup to weed out the trash and broken toys. And they helped me find the other toys around the house.
End view with giraffe
End view with giraffe
The youngest granddaughter said it looks like the giraffe is happy in a very colorful zoo. All the toys were organized by special categories. The dress up accessories are in one corner, the small animals are in a purple net bag, the medical equipment in a pink plastic purse, the rocks in a thick plastic box, the loose toys in a large gold gift box, and the stick-on alphabet letters are in a metal cookie can with dividers. The bath toys went to the Tub Toy Bucket. The baby doll and blankets went to its special drawer. Kitchen containers went to the kitchen for washing, and a few other items were returned to their places.
Mardi Gras and Pet Bag
Mardi Gras and Pet Bag
What looks like part of a Mardi Gras costume, isn't. My sister Sue made the feather headband for a luau cousins reunion a few months ago. The shiny mask came in a bath products gift bag. And the black gloves I wore with a kitty headband to give out treats last year. Hey--my ears are missing! The purple bag had my electric razor in it originally, I think.
The Gentle Zoo
The Gentle Zoo
More stuffed animals, too many for the toy box. The older sister found this great basket in my pantry floor. She arranged the tiger, white koala/teddy, and the little lamb into a friendly family, and I made The Gentle Zoo label. This basket is in the foyer, under the hallway table.
Tiger, sheep, koala, and ham.
Tiger, sheep, koala, and ham.
When all the toys were in their places, the youngest just had to pose for Grandmommy's Facebook friends. She's such a show off!

• Toys of all sorts, assorted bags, baskets, and boxes  (All around the house)
  • Printed paper, clear tape, tp roll  (My art room)

• Wendy

These are wonderful ideas!
    • Jewellmartin

Thank you, Wendy. I don't like that the next comment is not a comment but an ad. It's not right to pretend to be a Hometalker and really be an ad.

Super ideas. Bet the kids didn't even know what they had or "So that's where it was"  "ham" is so cute.