How to remove olive oil from stainless steel fridge?

Gfd18566593Dl.5660408Diana Deiley
+6

I read to put oil on ss refrigerator so it won't leave marks..now I have oil marks where I tried to spread the oil..how do I remove olive oil from ss

• Jennifer

Don't have/never have cleaned stainless steel appliances but Mr. Clean Magic Erasers have been my new go to lately. Can't hurt to try!
  • Estasban

I would use a good household degreaser soap solution, on a damp sponge/clothe/paper towel. Once cleaned off there is another product that can be use on your ss, called WD-40, found in almost all hard ware big box stores. Appling a light spray on a cloth/paper towel and wipe on the surface will remove finger prints and smudges.
  • Suzette

Hi G, Here's a video that should help! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS5ZrtuaDks

Good luck!

• Dfm

try a micro fiber wash cloth and a basin of warm water and a drop or 2 of dish soap. Rub with the grain.
  • Karen Tokarse

I used ALL of the above, but was only successful when I used WD-40. YES, WD-40. I did my fridge about 3 months ago, and it STILL looks great.

that information is correct ,use a micro fiber cloth
  • Diana Deiley

I'm with the WD-40. Amazingly, an elderly friend sprayed the front of my car to keep the bugs off and it's working! So, I'll bet it will work on stainless steel. To clean off the olive oil, I'd suggest Barkeepers Friend in the soft soap cleanser with warm water. I use it on everything and am very pleased. Best of luck.
  • Dl.5660408

Oops, yes I tried olive oil, oh the stickiness it caused! My stainless doesn't have a visable grain so I used almost hot water, a squirt of Dawn dish soap and a quarter of a cup of white vinegar in half a gallon of water. I used a microfiber cloth. Because this was a one time deal, I wasn't worried about any acetic acid issue, rinsed it well and it worked, not problem
  • Gfd18566593

thank you ladies i'll definitely use these tips