Does "Flex Seal" clear dry flat or gloss?

Linda SikutSuzette

• Suzette

Hi Skiered, I just read the can and it does not specify. However, If it you can paint over it, it should be flat. I would spray a little on something you are going to scrap and see what the dried result is.

Good luck.
  • Linda Sikut

I used the white spray to repair a small hole in a refuse trash can (It doesn't get taken out a lot and sometimes the refuse turns to refuse 'tea' LOL) Anyway, I just went outside to check and the finish where I sprayed is flat.

Hope that helps.
    • Linda Sikut

Ed, I was out in our garage and though of you and your Flex Seal question about whether the product leaves a flat or gloss finish. I picked up the can and looked at the front label but it did not tell me there if it was flat or glossy. I didn't have my glasses with me so I couldn't read the fine print on the back, but from what I can tell there is no true answer to your question from looking at the front of the can. Btw, be sure, you take pictures of your project as you go and then click on the place right on the top where it says "Post Project" to share what you did. Have your pictures and material list ready and the "system" will walk you though putting your project on Hometalk.com so that others can also glean information from what you did. Thanks!