What to do with this awkward space?

MaureenSharonV Smith
+4

This space is in our bathroom. It's awkward no matter how I see it especially being able to do something with it or use of it. Seriously need suggestions
q what to do with this awkward space
  • I see tons of potential storage or display space, add shelves?
  • Jennifer

Install dark wood shelves to hold towels or bath items?
  • DesertRose

You need to know your own love for decorations, is it the sea side? a set of tile mirrors and seashells on a shelf would be nice with same decor for the vanity or shower. If your bathroom is small tile mirrors would also add the appearance of more room. If you love nature, a good friend of mine found pretty flowers and pressed them and framed them for her wall decor. It was lovely in six sided frames. She had a porcelain basket of flowers on the vanity and towels to match. We love western decor and we have profiles of wildlife and horses in our home, even the bath area. Also, baskets on small book shelves would be handy for storage. Most people can use storage area. Some baskets look lovely on a step ladder style storage that is handy and uses less room than a book shelf of sorts. What do YOU love. Decorate with that!

build a storage unit
  • V Smith

I can't get any sense of scale from the picture. What are the dimensions of the space?
  • Sharon

I would build a linen closet and storage in the space, and try to make it more level without the lip, or add more lumber to the indent to even it out.
  • Maureen

Hard to tell where it is exactly in relation to doors, windows, or fixtures. Can you post a better picture?