How to DIY a Kitchen island?

DianaWendyAnn Cherkas Halstead
+3

• Jennifer

Building one? Refinishing one? Paint one? Installing one???
  • Linda Sikut

Hi Lydia, what is your question about a kitchen island? It's hard for us to know how to help with so little information. As Jennifer said: "Building one? Refinishing one? Paint one? Installing one???" The more information you give us the more we can help you.
  • Marguerite Crain

I went to Habitat for Humanity and found a 6 drawer cabinet...then found a piece of laminate that fit on top...got 4 wheels to put on bottom for rolling...painted it...when I find a reasonably priced piece of butcher block, I'll replace the laminate. Materials cost about $57.00....already had the paint. Good luck...these things can be expensive...the one at habitat was $400.00.
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead

I used a baby changing table. Cheap and easy
  • Wendy

You can use a rolling cart and remove the wheels!
  • Diana

I used a small dresser that i bought from craigslist. i covered the top with peel and stick marble tile and also covered the back with marble contact paper. I then painted the dresser a color to match my cabinets. We love the extra storage the large drawers give--it really works for our family. Good luck.