How to get rid of mice?

DfmCathyCastrang17
+5

• Kim

Salami or peanut butter on mouse traps.
    Both work quite well.
    : (
  • Kim

Oops! I meant for a smiley face
    😊
  • Rosemary mcgrath

really strong smelling dryer sheets have been working well for us.
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead

traps
  • Dl.5660408

My cats are excellent mousers...don't use poison which is deadly to any animal that might eat the mouse, or the mouse may crawl into a hidden place die and you'll have a stench. As much as I don't like them, traps usually work and kill the mouse almost instantly. If you have an actual infestation problem though, seek professional help because mice can carry Hanta virus which can be deadly to people
  • Castrang17

Oil of Peppermint, purchased at health food stores. The real oil, no imitation Buy a large bag of cotton balls. Saturate the cotton balls with the Oil of Peppermint and place a few or scatter the cotton balls in the mice area. The Oil of Peppermint burns the mice lungs (does not kill them) and they leave. You may have to do this treatment again, if they return. They do remember where they encountered the peppermint, and send out a "scout", if "scout" smells the peppermint, no mice return. Be diligent.
  • Cathy

I found out that mice are able to pop themselves off the glue traps.
  • Dfm

live catch trap.....mice can have a litter once a month. not 1 or2 mouselets, but up to 10-15 babies. the spring snap traps may work once. then you have to reset. the live catch resets automatically. mice moved in as we were dewatering after the 93 flood. 10-to 20 mice a day. a mouse can have kits monthly.