NO SANDING LAYERED LOOK USING CHALK PAINT®BY ANNIE SLOAN

NO SANDING LAYERED LOOK PEOPLE. So here is the thing, you can get this look two ways, layering the paint and then sanding through each layer, or as I was playing around with today and fell in love with, was layering, with large flat brush and chip brush alternatively. My base was French Linen, then Paris Grey, Old Violet, Old White, Provence, Florence. Then dry brushing French Linen and Old White again. This was on a old kitchen door believe or not and not even waxed yet. Tomorrow's job! Now just imagine on an old big Amore or something. Ouuuuu! love the fact I found a way without sanding.Hmmm! may have to introduce this to my Advance Class at the Big White Goose,what do you think?
Unwaxed finished kitchen door sample.
Finished layers
Base coat French Linen

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style

• Millie
    Millie

What’s a chip brush?

• Janice Giordano
      Janice Giordano

Oh, you can make your own too to make it more affordable...use calcium carbonate tho, check Amazon. Cheap.

• Lu Cee
    Lu Cee

Why couldn't I dry brush acrylic paint over chalk then wax it?

• Michelle
      Michelle

Acrylic paint isn't as malleable as chalk, it hardens quicker so you'd have to sand to get the desired effect. But with time and patience you could use acrylics to do something, sure. I'd not suggest mixing chalk layer then acrylic layer in the manner described, but, i have in the past used a chalk paint and creates different colours by adding a little acrylic to some poured into different pots, so achieving my own colours to layer, of course if you'd want to replicate or need more that project, you'd need to carefully measure and make note of that.

You can do so many cool things with paint.

• Felix Lizarraga
    Felix Lizarraga

That is GORGEOUS.

But I have to ask: How did you do the layering? I know the last couple of layers were dry-brushed in, but what about the rest? Just sort of going with it? Did you do a wash?

• Karen
    Karen

I would like your opinion on how to paint these pieces. I don’t know how to do the grooves or raised panels. Not really wanting the layered paint look. Please help!

• Daisy@TX
    Daisy@TX

i love your technique love it!