NO SANDING LAYERED LOOK USING CHALK PAINT®BY ANNIE SLOAN

NO SANDING LAYERED LOOK PEOPLE. So here is the thing, you can get this look two ways, layering the paint and then sanding through each layer, or as I was playing around with today and fell in love with, was layering, with large flat brush and chip brush alternatively. My base was French Linen, then Paris Grey, Old Violet, Old White, Provence, Florence. Then dry brushing French Linen and Old White again. This was on a old kitchen door believe or not and not even waxed yet. Tomorrow's job! Now just imagine on an old big Amore or something. Ouuuuu! love the fact I found a way without sanding.Hmmm! may have to introduce this to my Advance Class at the Big White Goose,what do you think?
Unwaxed finished kitchen door sample.
Finished layers
Base coat French Linen

3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas

• Millie

What’s a chip brush?

• Janice Giordano

Oh, you can make your own too to make it more affordable...use calcium carbonate tho, check Amazon. Cheap.

• Lu Cee

Why couldn't I dry brush acrylic paint over chalk then wax it?

• Michelle

Acrylic paint isn't as malleable as chalk, it hardens quicker so you'd have to sand to get the desired effect. But with time and patience you could use acrylics to do something, sure. I'd not suggest mixing chalk layer then acrylic layer in the manner described, but, i have in the past used a chalk paint and creates different colours by adding a little acrylic to some poured into different pots, so achieving my own colours to layer, of course if you'd want to replicate or need more that project, you'd need to carefully measure and make note of that.

You can do so many cool things with paint.

• Felix Lizarraga

That is GORGEOUS.

But I have to ask: How did you do the layering? I know the last couple of layers were dry-brushed in, but what about the rest? Just sort of going with it? Did you do a wash?

• Karen

I would like your opinion on how to paint these pieces. I don’t know how to do the grooves or raised panels. Not really wanting the layered paint look. Please help!

• Daisy@TX

i love your technique love it!